The NSW Government is currently seeking feedback on the drafting of the Community Land Management Bill 2019 and the Community Land Development Bill 2019. The Bills represent what will be a complete redrafting of the NSW community scheme laws to align them with the major 2015 strata scheme reforms.
The new laws make community land development more flexible and will provide residents and commercial occupants with modern, flexible and democratic governance arrangements.
Key measures in the proposed new laws include:
- improving transparency and accountability in the way schemes are managed
- providing greater flexibility to deal with association property
- simplifying dispute resolution within schemes
- reducing red tape by targeting the documents needed to be lodged with a plan
- encouraging greater participation of scheme members, owners and tenants, including through the use of technology.
The NSW Department of Fair Trading’s web site has more information on the proposed reforms, including links to the drafts bills and the explanatory paper. Click here to access the site.
*Source: NSW Government Department of Fair Trading web site.